Monday, January 14, 2013

Little Tots' Book of Nursery Rhymes - A Dean Board Book

 
 
 
 
 
Posted by PicasaA quick post for you tonight before my toddler wakes up with her stuffy nose again - this is a Dean board book published in 1979 with illustrations by the Johnstones that I recently bought at a used book store.  It's among the many books I gave my daughters for Christmas!  This book has many of the same pages in it that my "Deans Mother Goose Book of Rhymes" has in it but I was so happy to find this one as a board book!  That way I can let my toddler look at it and not worry about it getting ruined.  Then I can show her the more comprehensive one when she gets older.  Take a look at my other Deans/Johnstones posts as well though if you haven't already, as the pictures I posted there are different from the ones here.

Linking to The Children's Bookshelf

11 comments:

  1. I don't know that I've ever seen any of these books in person, but my goodness, they look lovely! I love Curly Locks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredibly beautiful book!!! I wished I could find a copy!

    I hope your little one feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I love these books a lot - I have 3 by these illustrators and would love to find more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am beyond jealous! You know how crazy I am about Johnstones books! What an amazing find... I hope the vintage book fairies smile upon me and I run into this one someday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL- that's a perfect way of putting it! A good day is when the vintage book fairies have been helping you! ;)

      Delete
  5. I know I'll always get a smile when I visit your blog! Thanks for sharing your books at The Children's Bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Erica! I've been recommending your blog to friends lately!

      Delete
  6. The Dean books, with Janet and Anne Johnstone illustrations, are great vintage kids' books. The illustrations have a real 60's and 70's style to them. That style of art was very prevalent then, and the Johnstone artwork brings back a flood of memories. An illustrator with a similar style is Eric Kincaid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I totally love that style- when I found my first Johnstones book at a sale I was so excited as I had totally forgotten about it from childhood!

      Delete
  7. I was suggested this blog via my cousin. I am not positive whether this post is written through him as no one else recognize such specified about my problem.
    You're amazing! Thanks!
    Also visit my web page - apartments for rent

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are amazing! I have never seen any of these! Great artwork!

    ReplyDelete